Wednesday, June 08, 2005

more information...

i thought maybe this girl was in regular growing up kind of trouble or something...turns out it's secondary cancer. the prognosis is not good, she's in her 20's. nancy (my midwife) and i talked and talked about it today. birth and death are such right of passages. it is such a honor to stand next to anyone during these times. and i just love that people of different faiths are coming together to do this work. i saw the prayer pole today....my heart hasn't stopped praying since i left. it's almost all i can think about and it puts my problems in such perspective.

i've been looking for a faith community outside the church, i can just barely stand church right now. spirituality and birth are so connected for me, it makes so much sense that there might be a faith connection there for me.