Thursday, January 06, 2005

conversations with josiah...

josiah trying to persuade me to play legos with him:

j- "mom, please play legos with me."
me- "you look like you are doin' a good job all by yourself."
j- "that's very nice of you mama, but i NEED a partner, you are my family, you know that?"
me- "okay..."

how could i possibly say no to that, this kid sure knows how to pour it on.


i'm trying to persuade josiah that maybe he, jorge and jack should go to church:
(this was during a parenting freak out moment when i was obsessing that they haven't had any traditional spiritual formation)

me- "you know, you could go worship in the big church with the other people. maybe go to class and learn about jesus stuff."

j- "mama i already went there once, i don't need to go anymore. i know about the jesus stuff already...that church doesn't know jesus"

so i guess church shopping is on the back burner for a few more weeks...