Wednesday, July 21, 2004

i'm rejected

so like in the 8th grade, i was in a very cheesy church play where i had to sing this very emotional ballad,
"i'm accepted, i'm accepted by the one who matters most."
the character in the play was struggling with insecurity among her peers (obviously from the song)

my dear friend george (god rest his soul) thought it was hysterical and continuously sang (at the top of his lungs) to me, "i'm rejected, i'm rejected..."

i went to take my car in to get inspected. mind you, the inspection is 7 MONTHS past due and my poor 2003 xterra got rejected. they put a big hot pink rejected sticker in my window. the worst part is it's my fault from a small fender bender over a year ago. one teeny, tiny little light in the front left side is cracked and big blue gets the ole' rejecto sticker. the work will cost us $500. this is money we do not have...fuck the state of virginia!

so in honor  of george boone, i sang "i'm rejected" the entire way home in a weak attempt to cheer myself up. george could always make me smile. i know george, jesus and jim morrison (his favorite) were singing with me in heaven.